Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Battling Brooklyn

Awhile back during some of my Williams-Sonoma baking mix trips, I bought a kit called Baked Brookster Mix. They are essentially brownies with chocolate chip cookies on top. The recipe and kit originate from a popular bakery in Brooklyn named, "Baked."

We decided to make them last weekend. At $16.95, the mix makes about 18 "brookies" or "brooksters." I filled the muffin pan a bit more than I should, so I ended up with 14. It called for typical baking ingredients like butter and eggs. The process took a bit longer than a typical cookie or brownie mix as it required some additional steps to prep. As usual, I didn't follow the instructions exactly...instead of refrigerating the dough for an hour or more, I froze it to expedite the process. And the suggested bake time was 23-25 minutes, but I reduced it to about 18-20 minutes.

After a failed attempt with a similar project on my own using a brownie mix and tossing pre-cut refrigerated cookie dough on top, I was afraid this wouldn't work. To my surprise it turned out quite well!

No comments:

Post a Comment