Friday, March 15, 2013

Ooh La Lotta Desserts

Since it was a long time ago that we tried Ooh La La Dessert Boutique in Katy, never visited the Town and County location and not reviewed on the blog, I really wanted to try them again. Alas, we did last weekend. The store is pretty big with a lot of seating and a wide range of dessert options from cupcakes to gelato. While we got a few cupcakes (fairly large ones I might add), we also partook in a few other desserts.

My cupcake selection was the Tuxedo, which was chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream, topped with white chocolate and chocolate chunks.

Hubby had Italiano consisting of vanilla cake with chocolate chips, coconut and pecans folded in, topped with fluffy cream cheese icing.

I truly enjoyed my cupcake. It was not as moist as some cupcakes I'm used to, but it wasn't dry by any means. Cupcake prices for jumbo are $3.25 and minis $1.25.

Next, hubby and I split white chocolate bread pudding. We heated it up and poured the sauce they provided; I believe it was a rum sauce. This dessert was just OK. I've had better bread pudding. I probably wouldn't get this again.

Last, hubby and I split red velvet cheesecake. We were anxious about this one being fans of red velvet and never having tried it in cheesecake form. Well, it didn't quite taste like red velvet, but it was still very good. It was more like traditional cheesecake flavor. The little bit of frosting on top did remind me of the cream cheese frosting used in red velvet.

Our experience with Ooh La La was positive enough to say we will return. I'd love to try some of their other cupcakes and especially the gelato.

No comments:

Post a Comment