Monday, September 3, 2012

Double Dose of Deliciousness

We doubled up on cupcaking this weekend. I wanted to make sure I got Crave's special Stracciatella cupcake before it was gone, so I went there on Friday and nabbed a five-pack. And I wanted to get my S'More cupcake from Sprinkles before it was gone, so we went there on Labor Day.

Starting with Crave, I had the Stracciatella first. It's a vanilla bean cupcake streaked with Italian Perugina chocolate. Perugina is a confectionery company based in Perugia, Italy. OK, now back to the cupcake. Oh, it was pure heaven! Such a nice blend of vanilla with chocolate bits inside. So moist, creamy and sweet.

The next cupcake was split was the hubby (yes, we are married now). It was vanilla, which has been pictured on the blog, but not reviewed. It's a vanilla bean cupcake with vanilla bean frosting. Simple and basic, but always a favorite.

The last cupcake I had was dark chocolate, which was dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting. I expected this to be too chocolatey, but it wasn't. It was a little rich, but not overpowering.

Now onto Sprinkles...hubby and I split every cupcake. We had a four-pack of Red Velvet (top left), S'More (top right), Vanilla Hazelnut Chocolate (bottom left) and Mocha (bottom right).

We started with S'More, a specialty cupcake ending today, but returning again in October. It's graham cracker lined Belgian dark chocolate cake filled with bittersweet chocolate ganache and topped with toasted marshmallow frosting. While I liked this cupcake, the graham cracker crust was a nice touch, but made it a tad dry. Something that surprised me about this cupcake was that it almost had a peanut butter taste in there.

Second cupcake was Mocha, which was Belgian dark chocolate cake topped with rich mocha frosting and sprinkles. This is the first mocha cupcake I've had and it was delightful. Coffee lovers would enjoy this one as you could taste that subtle coffee flavor.

Third cupcake was Vanilla Hazelnut Chocolate. This is another specialty cupcake available until September 9. It's Madagascar Bourbon vanilla cake topped with hazelnut chocolate frosting. This is Sprinkles version of the Nutella cupcake. You could taste all the yummy combined flavors from vanilla, chocolate and that slight nutty taste.

Wow, that was a lot of cupcakes and a lot of pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment