Sunday, July 8, 2012

Trump the Mid-week Holiday Slump

Independence Day fell on a Wednesday this year, which makes it difficult to do a lot of celebrating when you have to go back to work the next day. So, our form of celebrating was with none other than cupcakes! The fiance and I grabbed a four-pack of Crave for a sugar-filled fourth.

Fiance had German Chocolate (top left) and vanilla decorated with a star (bottom left). My selections were Candy Bar (top right) and Nutella (bottom right).

Nutella was my first cupcake, which is vanilla swirled with chocolate and hazelnut cake with chocolate hazelnut frosting. I've mentioned this before, but I'm not really a Nutella fan. Since I tried a Nutella cupake from SWEET before and it was pretty good, I figured I'd try Crave's. I could taste a hint of the hazelnut mixed with the vanilla and chocolate flavors; a nice blend. I'd vote Crave's version a bit better than SWEET.
In between, I tried a bite of the fiance's German Chocolate, which is light chocolate cake topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. I typically don't care for coconut and pecans in my desserts, but this wasn't bad.

Finally, I had the Candy Bar cupcake. Crave's description of it isn't really detailed except that it's a candy bar cake with milk chocolate frosting. The cake itself appears to be milk chocolate with caramel in the middle. I've had this one before, but never reviewed it on the blog. I like this one because it does kind of taste like a candy bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment