Saturday, July 21, 2012

Crave Craving

OK, I must confess...on my way home from work on Thursday, I stopped by Crave to satisfy a sweet craving. I also wanted to try their limited time margarita cupcake. Excuses! Anyway, my dinner consisted of two cupcakes. And, I was solo. I sound like a closet cupcakeaholic.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the citrus-type desserts and have tooth enamel issues (go figure with all the sweets I consume) when eating or drinking certain citrus, I had to try the Tequila Avion Margarita cupcake. It's lime cake topped with Avion Anejo tequila blended frosting rimmed in sugar crystals. It was definitely an interesting flavor. The cake was moist and sweet while the frosting almost had a sour cream-like taste. It wasn't my favorite Crave flavor, but good.

The next cupcake I had was the Dulce de Leche. I've never tried it before, so it was a long-awaited, anticipation-filled opportunity. It was never offered on the days I visited Crave, so this was my chance. It's vanilla bean cake filled with homemade milk caramel and topped with dulce de leche frosting. I'm glad I saved this one for last. It was delightful! Of course I'm a huge caramel fan, so it started off on a positive note before I even tried it. Only complaint was that it was a tiny bit dry. I showed up late in the day, so that could have been why.

No comments:

Post a Comment