Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dessert Week

There were a lot of desserts consumed last week. After lunch on Tuesday, my coworkers and I stopped by Sprinkles. I had my favorite Salty Caramel. You've seen and heard enough about it, so no need to elaborate any further.

On Friday, I found some gourmet-looking cupcakes labeled "Kimberley's Bakeshoppe" at the grocery store. They had three flavors: vanilla bean, chocolate and lemon. I've been eyeing the vanilla bean ones for awhile, so decided to bite the bullet (or cupcake) this time and give them a try.

It's a vanilla cupcake with vanilla bean frosting filled with vanilla cream. At $4.99 for a 4-pack, they weren't bad. Just not as delicious as they looked. Definitely not comparable to the cupcakeries.

On Saturday, I experimented with a cookie sandwich kit purchased at Marshall's. They're vanilla cookies with chocolate frosting for filling between two cookies to make the "sandwich." The kit included vanilla powder mix for the cookie batter and chocolate powder mix for the filling. Of course I needed the usual stuff like butter, eggs, etc. Surprisingly, it turned out better than I expected. The frosting even turned out perfect; not the runny mess I'm used to with the cake recipes.

Here's the finished product...

No comments:

Post a Comment