Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sugarbaby's Turns 5!

The free mini desserts lured us in. Sugarbaby's celebrated their 5th anniversary this weekend and gave out some yummy mini cakes. Their plan worked because we bought some cupcakes too.

Fiance had Va Va vanilla (top left), Italian Cream (top right) and Velvet Rouge (bottom right). Mine were Chocolate Dulce de Leche (middle left) and Berries & Cream (middle right).

I started with the Berries & Cream, which was light vanilla cream cake with blackberries and raspberries, topped with Sugarbaby's creamy "extra special" buttercream. It was a decent cupcake. I couldn't really taste the blackberries and I'm not sure what was so special about the frosting; it seemed like a standard buttercream frosting.


My second cupcake was the Chocolate Dulce de Leche, which was chocolate cake with dulce de leche, topped with whipped chocolate ganache. This cupcake really didn't taste like dulce de leche. It was more like a chocolate cupcake filled and topped with caramel. It was good, but not what I would have expected. Crave's dulce de leche cupcake beats Sugarbaby's.

I also had a bite of the fiance's italian cream cupcake. Italian cream isn't my favorite and this one had too many pecans for me.

Another coworker is having  birthday this week, so a review of Crave's Chocolate and Creme is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment