Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Willams-Sonoma Takes on Sprinkles

Recently, I bought a few store-branded Williams-Sonoma cupcake mixes. Last weekend, I took a stab at making the Vanilla Bean version. It's made with organic flour and Madagascar Bourbon vanilla. I had to add eggs, butter and milk. I baked it for 15 minutes (about 1 minute less than the minimum recommended time). This one also makes a dozen, but I was able to squeeze out one more to make it 13. Again, I cheated on the frosting until I figure out a way to make it the right consistency.

Here is the finished product...

It was comparable to Sprinkles version. I liked seeing the little vanilla bean flecks. It makes me feel like it has good quality ingredients.

Verdict...it's a hung jury. Sprinkles and Williams-Sonoma are tied.

No comments:

Post a Comment