Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Sprinkle of Vanilla

Last weekend, I baked with another cupcake mix from Sprinkles. This time, it was purchased at Williams-Sonoma using a coupon, so it ended up being about $13.

The container included a cake mix, Sprinkles signature candy dots and a frosting recipe. As with the banana cupcake mix, it called for the usual suspect ingredients like butter, milk and eggs. Again, I reduced the bake time by about 10 minutes and got 14 cupcakes out of the batter instead of the 12 it claims to make. And I cheated on the frosting by using the tub since I can never seem to get the "from scratch" ones right.

Ta-da! Another positive outcome with the Sprinkles mixes. The cake is much more dense than the standard store-bought mixes, so they fill you up faster. The vanilla flavor was not as prominent as I expected, but if I recall, it's actually the same as the ones at the Sprinkles cupcakeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment