Friday, June 8, 2012

Italian Dream

Earlier this week, I tried Crave Cupcakes' Italian Cream cupcake for the first time at our coworker's birthday lunch. It's made with vanilla butter cake with toasted coconut and walnuts, topped with a sweet mascarpone cream cheese frosting.

As I've always said, I'm not a fan of the sweet and salty combination (except for that salted caramel); especially nuts. But this is a crusade, so I must try as many cupcake flavors as possible. This blog would get pretty boring if I only ate strawberry and vanilla every time.

OK, enough of my sidebar comments. Back to the review... The cake was light, fluffy and had a yummy vanilla flavor. The walnuts were a bit bigger than I anticipated and ended up picking some out. I did not taste the cocount, however. The frosting was creamy and tasty. Aside from the walnut chunks, this was a delicious cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment