Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Diner Inspired Cupcakes

Yes, we went to Gigi's again this past weekend. Lucky for me, I spotted two flavors I never tried before and jumped at the chance!

The first cupcake I had was French toast. I've never had French toast before because the idea of soggy egg-sopped bread never appealed to me, but was willing to try it in cupcake form. This cupcake had a cinnamon cake with maple buttercream frosting and dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon. I enjoyed this one; especially the frosting. I know this may sound obvious, but I felt it was more ideal at breakfast time.

Next cupcake was the chocolate malt, which was milk chocolate cake, chocolate malt buttercream frosting and crushed malt balls, along with a cute little straw inserted into the frosting to remind you of a malt shop milkshake. It's all about presentation, right? Anyway, I liked this one more than the French toast. It wasn't as rich as I anticipated, which I was pleased about.

After that, Fiance and I split a red velvet. We decided to cut back a little since the last visit to Gigi's where we became so uncomfortably full that we almost made ourselves sick.

Gigi's will be coming out with a new Spring/Summer menu in mid-March, so look out for it. I'm anxious to see what's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment