Saturday, November 7, 2015

New for Fall, but That's Not All

Nothing like using your Groupon on the last day...we did that with Gigi's Cupcakes this weekend. I'll just cut to the chase.

Starting with white chocolate raspberry. It was white cake with fresh raspberries baked in, swirled with raspberry buttercream and cream cheese frosting and topped with raspberry pie filling, sugar crystals and sprinkles.


Quite tasty; especially if you like raspberry, but it wasn't overpowering. Also had good moisture consistency.

Next was the apple pie, which was apple cake filled with apple pie filling, topped with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting and another dollop of pie filling.


Let me start by saying that I am not really an apple pie fan. I know, I know...I must not be American. Anyway, this cupcake wasn't bad for a non-apple pie eater. It was moist, but I think I could have done without the apple pie chunks in the middle.

Last, was chocolate covered strawberry. It's devil’s food cake with strawberry frosting and dipped in ganache.

Also very moist and overall, a good balance of strawberry and chocolate flavor.

New flavors to review are getting harder to come by. But don't lose hope on me! I will continue the crusade!

No comments:

Post a Comment