Monday, September 14, 2015

Rainbow Brite and Something Like Sprite

A few weeks ago, I conducted an experiment with another mix from famed pastry chef, Duff Goldman. This one was Confetti Bites. It called for the usual suspects (ingredients).
And ta-da...

The bars were moist, but the taste wasn't as gourmet as I expected. It was just a tad bit better than your run-of-the-mill rainbow chip cake mix.

And then last weekend, we visited Ooh La La Sweets. My husband opted for their flavor of the month, Lemon Lime, which I taste tested. It was lemon and lime cake swirled together, topped with lemon and lime buttercream frosting, lime green and yellow sugar sprinkles.

Wow, the lime flavor was very dominant in this cupcake. Not bad, but also not one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment