Saturday, August 15, 2015

What is Pink, Pink and Dry All Over?

Answer: strawberry lemonade, bubble gum and gluten-free salty caramel.

Last week, we had another coworker birthday lunch. With some new summer flavors at Crave, I decided to try their Strawberry Lemonade. It was a tangy lemon cupcake topped with lemon zest studded strawberry butter cream frosting.
While I'm not a huge lemon fan, the cake was moist and the overall flavor was refreshing.

Then, over the weekend, hubby and I made a Gigi's run. Reluctant to try it, my first cupcake was another summer flavor, Bubble Gum. It's a bubble gum-flavored cake with a swirl of bubble gum frosting rimmed with rainbow nonpareils and topped with a gum ball.
It definitely tasted like bubble gum! Not exactly what I would normally choose, but it wasn't bad.

Next, I tried the gluten-free Salty Caramel, which was gluten-free white cake with caramel frosting and drizzled with ganache with a pinch of sea salt. I only wanted to try this because I love salted caramel and I've had Gigi's regular chocolate salted caramel cupcake.
This cupcake was as dry as dry gets, but I believe it's due to being gluten-free. Thank goodness for the yummy frosting that saved this dried out disaster.

See ya next time crusading cupcake comrades!

No comments:

Post a Comment