Sunday, April 20, 2014

Summer Menu Slimmed Down on Flavors; Not on Calories

Usually, Gigi's changes their menu for Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter, but this time, they only changed out four flavors. And I had a chance to try three of them.

Starting with the Raspberry Peach cupcake, which was peach cake baked with peaches, peach schnapps, cinnamon and raspberry filling, topped with raspberry buttercream, a fresh raspberry and fondant blossoms. This was a very fruity cupcake; nice and light tasting. A good balance of frosting and moist cake.

The second cupcake was Champagne Bouquet. It was pink champagne cake topped with a champagne cream cheese frosting and buttercream roses with crystal sugar. I liked this one better than the raspberry peach. It had the champagne cake flavor and the frosting was creamy and delicious.

Hubby had the Triple Chocolate Torte. It's rich, dark chocolate cake with a brownie texture, baked without flour, topped with a chocolate ganache rose and powdered sugar. I only had a bite of this, but it certainly tasted like a brownie. My husband and I were a bit apprehensive at first because this cupcake seemed very hard cutting into it. But the inside was moist and tasted pretty good.

We also experimented once again with another cookie mix from Sisters Gourmet. This one was called, "Million Dollar Cookie Mix." As usual, it called for the typical ingredients like butter and eggs. The mix appeared to have oats and chocolate chips.

I was a little surprised that this was more of a chocolate cookie, which was fine. However, I liked some of the other mixes better than this one. I had high expectations for this mix with its title, but it didn't taste like nor did I feel like a million dollars eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment