Sunday, March 30, 2014

Local Bakery Expands and Home Bakery Expands Waistline

Recently, Three Brothers Bakery opened another location near my house off Washington Avenue. Since their cupcakes are humongous, we went with two each. I couldn't even finish my second cupcake.

Hubby had the two flavors I tried and featured in a previous post, so I won't get into those. I'll just jump right into mine.

Starting with Mocha; it's a yellow cake brushed with a coffee liqueur and iced in mocha buttercream, and garnished with chocolate sprinkles. This cupcake was definitely mocha tasting, but I liked it. I usually don't like coffee flavor, but since the cake was yellow, the coffee wasn't too strong.

Second, I had the M&M cupcake. It's filled with fudge, topped with white buttercream and rolled in M&Ms. First, this cupcake was VERY chocolate-y. The description says it's rolled in M&Ms, but that wasn't the case. There were just a few M&Ms inside. This cupcake was OK; not my favorite though.

And then we also experimented with another gourmet cookie mix from Sisters Gourmet. This one was plain old chocolate chip.

Similar to the first cookie experiment, these turned out flat too. The first time, I thought it was because I pressed the dough with the palm of my hand, but I didn't do that this time and it still ended up flat. I'm not sure why. Anyway, it still tasted good. Here's the finished product...

No comments:

Post a Comment