Saturday, August 3, 2013

Back in Business

Sorry for the break, but I had a baby recently, so needless to say, I've been pretty busy. Anyway...aside from visits to the usual cupcake haunts, here are reviews of the latest cupcakes.

From Gigi's, the hubby and I split a Merry Margarita cupcake. It's margarita flavored yellow cake with a margarita cream cheese frosting, rimmed in sugar crystals and topped with a candied lime slice. The candied lime slice is missing because my husband ate it before I could take a photo! This was a nice, citrus-y cupcake for the summer; moist and sweet!

Next, I tried Candy Bar Crunch. It is yellow cake with bits of Butterfinger baked in, topped with Butterfinger buttercream frosting and crushed Butterfingers. I'm not really a Butterfinger or peanut butter fan, but I decided to try it anyway. It was decent for someone who doesn't really like peanut butter flavor.

And then, on another occasion from Ooh La La Sweets, I went with the Velvet Elvis. It's your typical red velvet cake with fluffy cream cheese icing. All in all, a good tasting and the right consistency red velvet cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment