Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cupcake Marathon Weekend

Well, we got that dozen cupcakes from SWEET as promised. Flavor selection beginning with the top row from left to right: 2 tiramisu, carrot, salted caramel; second row: 2 s'mores, red velvet, Nutella; bottom row: chocolate on vanilla, vanilla on chocolate, and 2 vanilla.

SWEET's website doesn't give much detail on the ingredients of each cupcake, so I'm taking a stab at what they are. Here's how the weekend of cupcakes unfolded...

Day 1 - Round 1
Started with Nutella, which is was a vanilla cupcake filled and topped with Nutella hazelnut frosting. I only tried Nutella once before in a crepe and wasn't addicted like some people. This was a good cupcake though. If you're a Nutella fan, this cupcake is for you.

Day 1 - Round 2
Second cupcake I had was the s'mores. It was a chocolate cupcake with a little bit of graham cracker lined on the bottom, marshmallow frosting topped with chocolate ganache. The cupcake was a bit dry and fell apart. Overall taste was OK, but I was expecting better.

Day 1 - Round 3
The final cupcake of the day was tiramisu. It was a yellow cake with a coffee filling and whipped cream frosting with cocoa sprinkled on top and adorned with a mini lady finger cookie. If you like tiramisu, you'll love this cupcake. It tasted just like tiramisu. Since tiramisu is not my favorite dessert, I thought this cupcake was alright. I'm used to a heavier frosting, which this did not have.

Day 2 - Round 1
First cupcake on this day was the vanilla on chocolate. Pretty self explanatory on the ingredients for this one. I usually like it the other way around (chocolate on vanilla), but this one was a good traditional cupcake change-up.

Day 2 - Round 2
Second cupcake for the day was plain ol' vanilla. Another one where there is no need to disclose the ingredients. Also a good tasting cupcake.

Day 2 - Round 3
The final, final cupcake, which is one of my favorites that I saved for last was the salted caramel. I've already reviewed this one from SWEET before and it was just as good now as it was then. The best I ate among all six.

I think I'll be making the red velvet cookies again this weekend. But next weekend, I'll be in Florida and will make it a point to try out and report back on a cupcake place over there that I've wanted to try called The Cupcake Spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment