Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Time to Retreat from Excessive Sweet

Well, we did what we said we would and skipped a weekend of cupcakes. Instead, I made brownie cupcakes with white chocolate chips.

This past Saturday, the fiance wanted to go back to good ol' Gigi's again. I've been trying to expand my horizons a little by trying different flavors. Good thing Gigi's throws in a few special cupcakes each day because they don't alternate the daily flavor menu (nor does any cupcakery as I've complained in previous posts).

The fiance stuck with some of his standard flavors (wedding cake and white midnight magic), but we each got a new one we haven't had from Gigi's called Golden Brown. Golden brown is basically a yellow cupcake with chocolate frosting and some chocolate chips. We both liked it. However, I think I like the one from Crave better.

My second cupcake was maple sugar walnut, which was walnut cake topped with maple buttercream frosting and candied walnuts. I was interested in the maple, but not too keen on the walnuts. So, I picked off most of the walnuts. All in all, it was a decent cupcake. It reminded me of the maple donuts from Dunkin Donuts.

My last cupcake was raspberry champagne. It was champagne cake with raspberry frosting and sugar crystals. I liked it, but at that point, I was so uncomfortably full that I could only eat half. I even ate each cupcake between one and two hour intervals, but it didn’t help.

I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but we have decided to limit our future Gigi's selections to two cupcakes each. We’re not complaining; we just realize we can't eat that much in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment