Sunday, September 18, 2011

Not a Cupcake, Bundt Worth Mentioning

After purchasing a Groupon for Nothing Bundt Cakes last week, we decided to change up our dessert feast this weekend for bundt cakes.

Nothing Bundt Cakes offers bundt cakes in a handful of flavors and sizes. They have the regular 10 inch cakes down to as small as a cupcake size referred to as a "bundtini." We selected five of the "bundlet" size (single serving personal cake) in carrot, red velvet, marble, chocolate chocolate chip and white white chocolate. The boyfriend scarfed down the carrot and chocolate chocolate chip. I ate the marble and boyfriend and I split the red velvet and white white chocolate. All cakes are drizzled with cream cheese frosting.

The marble cake was good (pictured below). The red velvet had little bits of chocolate chip, which was interesting. And the white white chocolate was probably my favorite of all three I tried. All the cakes get props for moistness. The frosting is good, but if you like a lot of it, you might be let down as these cakes are only drizzled with it. While I enjoyed the frosting, I would have liked to see more frosting options.

We would definitely go back to Nothing Bundt Cakes; especially if they add more cake and frosting flavors. I still prefer the good ol' cupcake, bundt this was a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment