Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Desserted for Dinner

A typical Saturday dinner at my house consists of dessert. Yes, I usually only eat dessert for dinner. My boyfriend and I have a sweet tooth – especially for cupcakes. As most locals know, Houston is a Mecca for gourmet cupcake bakeries. The trend has been going strong for several years and yet, there are still more cupcakeries turning up everywhere. I have tried almost every cupcakery in town. While I should have started this blog a long time ago, I guess better late than never. I can recall each devouring fairly well, but if I can’t, I suppose I could refresh my taste buds and reignite that sugar coma by trying them again.

My first gourmet cupcake experience took place about three years ago when someone brought them into the office. They came from Sugarbaby’s Cupcake Boutique. Everyone has had cupcakes before from the store-bought mixes, but this was different. I was immediately hooked. Soon thereafter, my boyfriend and I visited Sugarbaby’s to get a sampling of flavors to take home. The boyfriend got hooked on them too.

Even though the average cost for each of these gourmet goodies is in the $3.00-$3.50 range, I feel they are well worth it. Most cupcakeries use special ingredients and have a delectable appearance to boot.

After Sugarbaby’s, we explored other cupcake bakeries around town and have even tried some in other states. As we continue our crusade for cupcakes, stay tuned for reviews and more thoughts around the cupcake craze…

No comments:

Post a Comment