Saturday, February 6, 2016

Long Time No See

One Monday, I got a wild hair (I won't finish the sentence for obvious reasons) to return to Celebrity Cupcakes and try a few flavors I never had before.

Starting with Bananas Foster: organic banana cake filled with brown sugar caramel and topped with rum buttercream. A delightful balance of banana and frosting. And you could definitely taste the rum...woo, I'm getting tipsy just typing this!

Next up, Pina Colada: vanilla and pineapple cake with rum buttercream. No, I don't like getting caught in the rain... Anyway, this one was OK. I don't care much for pineapple in a cupcake.

And last, Lemon Blueberry Pie: lemon cake studded with blueberries, graham cracker crust, topped with cream cheese frosting. It was certainly pie-like with the graham cracker crust at the bottom. Another OK cupcake (probably a bit better than the pina colada); not typically a top flavor preference of mine, but I wanted to try it.

As an added bonus to this spectacular blog entry, but unrelated to Celebrity Cupcakes, I made more cookies from a jar of ingredients bought at Target. This was a Valentine's sugar cookie mix with white chocolate chips and red heart sprinkles. As always, it called for your usual egg and butter add-ins.

So, here is how they turned out...

If you like a softer cookie, these were best eaten the same day. Over the next two days, they progressively became drier even in a sealed container.

Stay tuned for more ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment