Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Another Box Mix Experiment

I recently bought this Betty Crocker Hot Chocolate cupcake mix that looked interesting. It had a chocolate cake mix with marshmallows and a frosting mix.

It called for the typical box mix ingredients like eggs, oil and water. The marshmallows looked a bit sparse, so I added some small ones of my own as well.

And then there was the frosting mix. As you've read in some of my older posts, I seem to always have a problem with making frosting. This time was no different. The packet of frosting was powdery like powdered sugar and all it called for was 1/4 cup of boiling water. Sounds easy enough, right? WRONG! I followed the instructions, but it turned into a watery mess! So, once again, another failed attempt at making frosting.

So, here was the final result; unfortunately, using jar frosting. It turned out OK for the most part, but I probably won't buy this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment